Monday, April 9, 2007

It's hard to beleive....

I have a blog site. Yes, me. The "I work in information technology and avoid it at all other times" girl. Is that really wrong? Well, probably. I should read up, I should check on things, I should remain current with the rest of the world. Yeah. Did I mention I fell into my career? Topic for another day.....

I started knitting about 18 months ago. It is my newest OCD focus. I do love it. Actually a friend and I decided to take a beginning knitting class and I stuck with it - she, well, not so much. I've met wonderful women who have taught me things about myself and also the aging process. Lets leave it at my role models for aging aren't all that great - I needed some good ones.

Single mom - always challenging. The Kid is 17. Trying. Very, very trying. Love him. He's a great kid - but wow.

So my hopes for this include showcasing my accomplishments - assuming I can locate some time to knit (always a challenge), things I learn and perhaps the therapy that professionals tell me come with a journal. We'll see how it all works out.

Hopefully photos to come soon!

1 comment:

marit said...

Hi, I'm a new blogger too, I figured out that when I had to sign up for a blogger account in order to join Anni's Sockamania, I might just as well try to make a blog too! I discovered the knitting life on the internet early this year...I am a knitter, and has been so for nearly 40 years(started out early...lol)Quite frankly- I've knitted more in these last months than ever before, also reading and internetbrowsing.But I think I am short on sleep...