Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The week in review....

So far this week has been a disaster. Follow along -

About 12:30 - 1:00 Sunday night/Monday morning I hear a weird noise outside. Figuring it's a poorly maintained car I don't think too much about it. After about 5 minutes I look out to see what it is. The water main outside has broken. Again. In the same spot as three years ago. Because my entry is below ground level, guess where the water is going. Did you get it in one? DS and I started moving things out immediately. Then we started bailing, and the neighbors started bailing. At the highest I had eight inches of water and mud. We were fortunate to only lose things that for the most part we had planned to send to Goodwill. DS did lose a tote of kids books and VHS tapes but we're inventorying and I'm sure eventually we can replace them. The bad part here is that my utility room is also on that level. Including the furnace, water heater, freezer, washer and dryer. Water heater and freezer seem to be working. Furnace probably needs a new circuit board. Washer and dryer - I haven't gone there yet.....

So we worked from 1am through to 9pm on Monday. While I was waiting for them to repair the main I sat down to eat a granola bar. Bit into a cherry pit that had been kindly left by the manufacturer and broke off a tooth.

Tuesday I thought all was going well. Things seemed to be drying well and I went to shut the garage door. The cable from the door opener broke and the pulley bashed me in the nose. Fortunately I don't think it's broken.

Today. Today also a treat. It rained in Detroit. And I mean RAINED. The drain in front of the garage is still apparently blocked because it backed up into my garage again. SEVERAL frantic phone calls later the township sent a truck to suck it out again. And the dentist - yeah, let's just leave it at I'll be spending some quality time there for the next few months.....

Hope everyone else is doing better.......

No comments: